Feedback from New (or not) to Y2
‘So many practical ideas that I can put into place straight away.’
‘A thorough explanation of the curriculum, teaching sequence and fantastic ideas that will have an immediate effect on my practice.’
‘…even more fantastic ideas to teach reading, writing and SPaG.’
Day 1 – 25 April 2018 – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm – Crossflatts Primary School – Bingley
Day 2 – 10 May 2018 – 9.30 am – 4.00 pm – Crossflatts Primary School – Bingley
Online booking here
Outcomes: Participants will be introduced to a range of engaging teaching techniques to help them to enable their children to reach Age Related Expectations and beyond. All delegates will receive free access to online resources including teaching sequences for the featured texts.
Target audience: Year 1 teachers who are new to the year group, or experienced teachers who are looking for new ideas and a structured approach to teaching that is easy to adapt. Key Stage 1 phase leaders are also welcome to attend alone or along with their Year 1 colleagues.
Day 1 – 25 April 2018
- Planning an effective teaching sequence for the early part of Year 1 using Little Red by Bethan Woollvin – free copy of the book and teaching sequence for every delegate
- Planning fiction teaching sequences for the later part of Year 1 using quality texts
- Using and applying phonics in context
- Spelling in Year 1
Day 2 – 10 May 2018
- Planning effective teaching sequences for non-fiction and poetry (including reading and writing across the curriculum)
- Supporting transition from Reception into Year 1
- Guided Reading in Year 1 including Whole Class Guided Reading
During these days, we will work through teaching sequences for fiction, non-fiction and poetry that are customised to meet the specific needs of this year group, will help them to meet Age Related Expectations and to be prepared for transition into Year 2. Time will also be spent looking at what is required to be working at Greater Depth. Using quality texts, we will identify precisely what to teach and practise in reading, spelling, punctuation, and grammar for writing.
There will be a free copy of a quality fiction text – Little Red for all attendees to take away with them.
Course fee – £300 + VAT per person for two days
Online booking here