In one of my conventional five phase units, this would cover phase 3 – text structure, organisation and grammar and phase 4 – planning, drafting and editing leading on to publishing in phase 5.
As this project is targeted at a wider age range there is no ARE grammar, the main differentiation is in the big writing outcome. I have provided a number of ideas and frameworks that can be used or adapted according to the needs of your families.
- Re-tell in the third person or in role – an Imitation – slides X
- Use the 5 Ps to support an Innovation or Invention – slide x
- The Story Ladder planning format to support an imitation or an innovation
- Explorer Report – a formal report
- Once upon a blue moon 2 – write the sequel